On Sunday, August 23rd some of the streets in Port Douglas are going to be affected by the TriPort Triathlon Festival. To make this a safe event for all 300 triathletes competing in this famous Port Douglas triathlon there will be road closures and changed traffic conditions in place. Please read the following changes carefully and feel free to spread the word.
The following roads will be closed on Sunday, August 23rd from 7.00am – 1.00pm:
• Garrick Street from Esplanade – Blake Street
• Mowbray Street from Esplanade – Port Douglas Road
• Blake Street from Garrick Street – Port Douglas Road
• Port Douglas Road closed from Mahogany – Blake Street
• Old Port Douglas Road (local traffic only from Highway to Downing Street)
• Mowbray River Road (Local traffic diverted to highway via Trezise Road)
D-Tours will be in place to divert local and visiting traffic in and out of Port Douglas.
Minor delays might occur on the Captain Cook Highway travelling to and from Port Douglas.
If you have any questions regarding these changed traffic conditions, please feel free to contact Irene Cats, TriPort Event Manager on 0428 875 275 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support this local event and volunteer in your local community while cheering on the triathletes battling a tough race! Please send an email to the address above to express your interest.
For more information about the TriPort Triathlon Festival visit www.cairnscrocs.org.au.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and hope that you agree that this is a great local event for the Port Douglas area.